Job Summary: Design and develop next generation, controls, UV, ozone and salt generation systems for spa, pool, and bath applications.
· Design, develop and validate new Pool products and controllers meeting performance, target cost and time to market criteria as defined by the Product Management team.
· Understand and support existing products and identify solutions that help improve performance, reliability, reduce cost and improve yield.
· Design and verify products in accordance with industry standards and support certification process.
· Develop, assist, review and approve the development of technical literature for specifications.
· Manage and support teams to coordinate with external vendors, manufacturers, and suppliers, develop and maintain BOM for the products.
· Develop test protocols and perform long term reliability and HALT testing on new products.
· Work with product managers to formulate product specification leveraging market feedback and voice of customer.
· Perform system integration and interoperability verification with 3rd party devices and controllers.
· Partner with manufacturing and other operation functions on designs for manufacturability, PFMEA and product test criteria
· Develop product functions and features that aid with after sales support, trouble shooting and interoperability
· Evaluate and explore opportunities to create new IP
· Leverage new technologies and identify solutions that can be incorporated in new product designs while meeting product specifications
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineer or equivalent.
· 5+years of hands-on experiences in electronics hardware development and troubleshooting.
· 5+years of hands-on experiences in Analog and digital electronics design.
· Experience in schematic capture, BOM generation, 3D model using Altium.
· Solid background in electronics component selection, circuit analysis and stress analysis.
· Ability to understand transformer construction and suggest modifications to meet requirements.
· Possesses working knowledge of power supplies, signal conditioning circuits using op amps, ADC, microcontroller interface.
· Knowledge on reviewing Gerber files and providing guidance for PCB design and routing.
· Ability to use basic test equipment (power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.). Bench and system-level integration/debug/troubleshooting experience.
· Strong knowledge of architecture development for product functionality (both Hardware and Firmware).
· Expertise with equipment design up to 460Vac, including 3phase system. Basic understandings of EMI/EMC issues.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge in developing test plans and test requirements.
· Knowledge of developing embedded firmware leveraging microcontroller protocols.
· Self-motivated to drive projects from concepts stage, through development and commercialization.
· Ability and willingness to perform hands on prototype assembly and testing.
· Experience in UV Ballasts, Ozone generator, and LED drivers is a plus.
· Experience in medium volume manufacturing environment.
· Understanding of PLC control systems
· Familiar with industrial control panels (UL508A), wire harness and interconnect systems.
· Experience using the stage gate process for New Product Development.
· Basic understanding of LabVIEW interface.
· Experience in performing Component Failure Mode Effect Analysis (CFMEA) and Functional Failure Mode Effect analysis (FFMEA). Life calculations.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.