Vision: GSPE is the leading state organization that promotes the engineering profession to protect public health, safety and welfare.
Mission: GSPE is the state society of engineering professionals from all disciplines that promote the ethical and competent practice of engineering, advocates licensure, and enhances the image and well-being of its members.
What GSPE does for YOU in Georgia:
Provides Professional Development and networking opportunities including the PDH Day in the Fall, and local chapter meetings.
Sponsors Georgia Engineers Week activities.
Hosts a Professional Engineer Recognition Reception/Order of the Engineer Ceremony for newly licensed engineers
Recognizes and honors engineers who make exceptional contributions to the profession (e.g., Engineer of the Year)
Lobbies at the State Capital, and makes recommendations to the State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers.
Conducts the annual Georgia MATHCOUNTS competitions (chapters and state)
Executive Director – Betty Jean Jordan, PE
2021 GSPE State Officers
- President – Randal Riebel, PE
- President-Elect – Graham Sizemore, EIT
- Past President – Roger Grabman, PE
- Treasurer – James Remich, PE
- Secretary –
- Vice President, Region I – Doug Benner, PE
- Vice President, Region II – Gale Sights, PE
- Vice President, Region III – Graham Sizemore, EIT
- Vice President At Large – James Remich, PE
- State Delegate – Steve Strong, PE
- State Director – Atlanta Metro Chapter – Joe D’Alessandro, PE
- State Director – Northwest Georgia Chapter – Laura Buchanan, PE
- Georgia MATHCOUNTS Foundation Chair – Rob MacPherson, PE